402 East Bannister, Suite F, Kansas City, Missouri 64131
|Lexiability provides dyslexia screening and professional, effective, and dedicated tutors to help meet the need for Orton-Gillingham remediation in Kansas City.
|LexiAbility was founded in Pamela Taylor|
|There are many programs that claim to work for dyslexia, perhaps even those used by your school. However, the National Institutes of Child Health and Development (NICHD) recommends a very specific type of remediation for dyslexia called Orton-Gillingham.
Orton-Gillingham tutoring follows a very specific sequence and scope–grounded in a multi-sensory method and repetition–that creates changes in the brain that make it more receptive to the language processing required for reading. It is most effective one-on-one and takes 18 months to three years to complete. There is no substitution for this scientifically based and proven method.
After years of exploring alternative forms of Orton-Gillingham instruction, Barton Reading and Spelling is our program of choice because:
• Broader in scope and more thorough than other well-known Orton-Gillingham systems.
• Specifically and explicitly addresses influence of Greek and Latin prefixes and root words. In working with bright young adults who are often gifted in the sciences, understanding the construction and meaning of these words is essential to success.
• Integrated multi-sensory approach.
• Concurrently teaches reading, grammar and spelling (highly interrelated and reinforcing skills).
• Barton Reading and Spelling program is the only effective remediation program accessible to parents who wish to tutor their own children.
|The mission of Lexiability includes providing dyslexia screening and remediation for those who are struggling with reading.|